10.15.2007

these hands

I wonder what these hands will do in her lifetime? Will they...
play piano?
get weekly manicures?
write poetry?
wear a softball glove?
type 90 words per minute?
pick fleas off her dogs?
flick paper footballs across a table?
track what she reads?
cover her ears during thunderstorms?
pick dandelions for her mommy?
give high fives?
hook pinkies with her cousins?
sign "I Love You"?
give the peace sign back to her grandpa?
pinch a little salt for a recipe?
It's just unbelievable to me that the whole world is out there for her, and she can do whatever she dreams of doing. I get so overwhelmed thinking about our part in her decisions and personality. These hands are going to do amazing things! And they will do the ordinary everyday things too- that's what blows my mind.

2 comments:

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

How very sweet!

Kate Secondo said...

Aw, I love it! I wish I could have been there to see you guys this weekend!