8.16.2007

an overall update

Everything is just coming together at this point for the little one to arrive! I had my first "internal" checkup last week, when I had a little blood scare, but everything looked great and I was still not dialated at all. I go on Tuesday for the 36 week appt. when they will check again, and do the Strep test. It seems like I've been at the doctors' a zillion times lately... We also go Tuesday for an ultrasound to check on her position. Here's to hoping that a little extra part shows up "down there" :)
I started back to school last week by teaching summer literacy camp (summer school) in the mornings and working in my classroom in the afternoons. I have my room just about completely ready, and will go tomorrow to try and finish up. Then, I'm taking Monday and Tuesday completely off from school because Wednesday is the first day for teachers to report! YIKES...it's already here! But I've met my sub and she is so willing to work with me and do whatever needs to be done while I'm gone. Whew!
We finished our last childbirth class last night by taking a tour of Akron General's Labor and Delivery area. It was pretty neat to see the actual rooms and the nursery. It was hard to picture us there....
We also got to practice with diapers and bathing techniques. Our baby doll ended up sporting a "doo- rag" courtesy of Rob- it was quite hilarious! But he kept the other guys in there laughing (and they really needed to relax a little anyways).
Well that's it for now!! Nothing really too exciting happening!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Good luck getting ready for school. I bet the kids will be anxious to see you.
Glad to hear baby girl is doing well... are you still hoping for a boy?! Either way- I bet it's a cutie:)
Those final weeks seem like doctors are crawling way too high in there to check on the baby. Hope they're gentle and these last few weeks go as fast/slow as you want them!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Hope you had a nice shower today. Sorry I couldn't make it because of a mid-day flight home from vacation. Hope you got lots of fun baby girl things.