8.02.2007

6 weeks

Wow! Today marks 34 weeks (of course only estimated, but we'll go with it) and that means 6 weeks left. Last night they told us that only 5% of women give birth on their due dates (there you go Spaite! :) ) so it really could be any amount of time. Who knows. But 6 weeks is how long maternity leave is. Now I plan on taking a few additional weeks, but to think of it that way, I almost hope that 6 weeks feels like a really long time rather than flying by. 6 weeks is a long time still, but it sure feels like she is gonna be here any day, which sorta bums me out because I want that time after she comes to go really slow and feel like forever. I'm not sure anyone will follow me on all that, but that's what I'm thinking about this morning. :)

4 comments:

Donna Eshbaugh said...

I think anyone that has been through this understands what you are saying. I remember the feelings the day I had to return to work after having each of my children and it was HARD. I think you will be a wonderful mother. I have watched you grow from that young teenage girl to a beautiful woman. As I've told you many times before, my son could not have chosen a better person to spend his life with. You are everything we could have wished for and more! Al and I look forward to watching you become the great parents we know you will be! We love you very much.

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Both will fly by. No matter how badly you want it to last, it goes so fast and then she's 2 and talking and sassing and saying I love you Mommy!

Julie said...

Thanks for the statistic... you know I am always the curious one! For your sake I hope those 6 weeks go slow so you can enjoy every moment with Rob and your beautiful daughter! On the other hand though, those will be 6 of the longest weeks of my life without you! I just want it known that if another RED DRAGON roars into your spot I am high-tailing it out of there and I am hanging out at your house!! You need someone to make KoolAid right? :)

Kristy said...

6 weeks... not too long now! Your final stretch to organize things and get ready for little baby girl:)